Last November following months of speculation, the UK’s greatest girl band announced their return with a new single, a new album and an Arena tour of the UK. Cheryl, Kimberley, Nadine, Nicola and Sarah held a press conference at the Corinthia Hotel, London to announce their plans.
Their single Something New was released in November 2012 through Polydor Records. It was the Official Single for BBC Children In Need 2012 which will help change the lives of some of the most disadvantaged children in the UK.
The single was followed by the album Ten which is a collection of the BRIT award-winning group’s singles over the last ten years as well as four new songs which the girls worked on over the past year. It is the first time all of Girls Aloud’s greatest hits are together on one disc.
Disc two of the deluxe version of the album was completely decided by the fans as they were able to vote for the songs they wanted to include. The list of songs they could choose from spanned the entire Girls Aloud catalogue from album tracks through to b-sides.
Since they debuted with Sound Of The Underground in 2002, Girls Aloud have had 20 top ten singles and four #1s. Each of their five albums have gone platinum or above. In total they have sold over eight million records and have clocked up over 45 million You Tube views, close to six million Facebook likes and three million Twitter followers.
We’ve got a pair of tickets to be won for a show in each of the regions on the tour. Dates as follows:
Saturday 23 Feb 2013 – Metro Radio Arena – Newcastle – closed – winner Cheryl McDonald
Monday 25 Feb 2013 – Motorpoint Arena – Sheffield – closed – winner Hayley Reeves
Wednesday 27 Feb 2013 – LG Arena – Birmingham – closed – winner Joanne Thomas
Sunday 3 Mar 2013 – The O2 – London – closed – winner Amy Williams
Thursday 7 Mar 2013 – Manchester Arena – Manchester – closed – winner Lauren Battison
Monday 11 Mar 2013 – SECC – Glasgow – closed – winner Kerry Robertson
Tuesday 19 Mar 2013 – Capital FM Arena – Nottingham – closed – winner Megan Bradford
Wednesday 20 Mar 2013 – Liverpool Echo Arena – Liverpool – closed – winner Hannah
Remember it’s not too late to buy tickets to see the girls on tour. Buy yours at www.livenation.co.uk.
Good luck! x
1. Entry into the draw will be deemed as acceptance of these rules and any separate instructions for entry will form part of the rules.
2. This prize draw is open to any UK resident, aged 18 or over, who is invited to participate by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited and who leaves a comment answering the question.
3. Employees of Shop Direct Group companies and anyone else involved in the operation of the draw are excluded from entering. Closing dates for each concert are below.
4. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, delayed or spammed.
5. Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited reserves the right to offer an alternative prize in the event of the original prize being unavailable. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
6. The draw will be made by random selection from all valid entries within 24 hours of the closing date who will be notified by email and will receive their tickets by signed for special delivery mail before the concert date.
7. By entering the draw, entrants agree that their details may be disclosed to anyone requesting a list of prize winners. The winner may be required to take part in any publicity relating to this promotion.
8. The competition can be withdrawn at any time and Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited does not accept liability for any cancelled tour dates.
9. The winner will need to provide their own expenses, any travel or accommodation to attend the concert.
10. Promoter: Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, First Floor, Skyways House,Speke Road, Speke,Liverpool, L70 1AB. Registered No 4663281.