***competition now closed*** Over here at Very HQ were super excited to tell you all about the launch of our fantastic range of Murad skincare products! To celebrate the launch we have 2 products worth £98 to giveaway making sure your skin is at its best this winter! So have a read about this amazing NEW brand to Very and how to enter at the bottom.
Murad is a celeb fave, created by Dr Howard Murad over 20years ago his mission as a dermatologist, pharmacist and researcher, was to create a range of products that makes beautiful, healthy skin attainable for everyone. Dr Murad understands skin from the inside out and is not only a Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine (Dermatology) at UCLA he is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology (FAAD) (talk about knowing your stuff).
Regardless of your skincare concern there is a Murad Product for you! But as we have always heard “prevention is better than cure” we wanted to find out what Dr Murad had to say about the dreaded AGEING! Read below to see what Dr Murad had to say and also his recomenditions to help keep your skin at its best.
Ageing is a fact of life but looking your age is not. One of the fundamental changes that come with age is a change in the way in which the cells in our body are renewed. Not only does the renewal process slow, but there is also an increase in the time it takes for our skin to bounce back or heal. It is this cellular weakness that makes it difficult for cells to retain the water they need to function optimally. Water is lost from the materials that keep the collagen and elastin “factories” going and water is lost from every layer of the skin. Wrinkles are a result of this ageing phenomenon that occurs because of a combination of many factors – not just one thing.
Women in their 20’s – genetic ageing These women will soon be seeing the effects of genetic ageing: fine lines, shallow wrinkles and sagging.
Top tip: Exfoliate! Slough off dulling dead skin cells to brighten the complexion and stimulate health turnover of cells. Also, invest in a really hydrating moisturiser to plump skin and minimise the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Look out for products containing Avocado, Sunflower and Olive Fruit Oils, which will hydrate while repairing the barrier function of the skin.
Top product: AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser. This exfoliating cleanser contains a trio of acids to gently dissolve dead skin cells and reveal a radiant complexioin.
Top product: Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisturiser. This velvety moisturiser features Avocado, Sunflower and Olive Fruit Oils to hydrate skin. Collagen Support Complex enhances collagen production and plumps skin.
Celeb fan of Age Reform range: Nicole Sherzinger (Skin like Nicole, YES PLEASE).
Women in their 20’s and 30’s – environmental ageing This group of young women may be starting to see the cumulative impact of environmental ageing caused by daily exposure to assault from sun, smog, pollution and stress. These environmental ageing effects include photo-damage, sun spots, dullness and pigmentation issues.
Top tip: ensure you’re wearing SPF protection everyday to protect from environmental damage, dullness and pigmentation.
Top product: Murad Essential-C Day Moisture SPF 30 shields, prevents and restores environmentally damaged skin by delivering powerful protection from sun and free radicals, while also improves hydration.
Celeb fan of Environmental Shield range: Fearne Cotton (Our own Very Amassador, she knows her stuff).
Make sure you go online and check out the full range of Murad Products. And if your a skin geek like the rest of us @Very_BeautyTeam check out the range of Dr Murads books!
For your chance to win the £98 bundle which includes the AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser and Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture simply comment below and tell us which two celebs are mentioned in this blog as fans of the product?
The Very Beauty Team x
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entry into the draw will be deemed as acceptance of these rules and any separate instructions for entry will form part of the rules.
2. This prize draw is open to any UK resident, aged 18 or over, who is invited to participate by Shop Direct Group Shopping Limited and who leaves a comment answering the question.
3. Employees of Shop Direct Group companies and anyone else involved in the operation of the draw are excluded from entering. Closing date is midday 20th December 2013.
4. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, delayed or spammed.
5. Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited reserves the right to offer an alternative prize in the event of the original prize being unavailable. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
6. The draw will be made by random selection from all valid entries before midnight on 31.12.13. Prize available: 1 x AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser and Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture. There is no cash alternative and prizes are stock dependant. If we do not receive a response within 7 days we will choose another winner.
7. If you have a Shop Direct Group home shopping account that is in arrears at the time of the draw, you will not be eligible to win.
8. By entering the draw, entrants agree that their details may be disclosed to anyone requesting a list of prize winners. The winner may be required to take part in any publicity relating to this promotion.
9. The competition can be withdrawn at any time and Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited does not accept liability for any cancelled events.
10. Promoter: Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB. Registered No 466328
11. The promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which it suspects might not be legitimate e.g. multiple entries, entries linked to the creation of multiple or false email accounts, entries originating out of inappropriate solicitations. Maximum of 1 prize per household.