***Competition now closed – Thank you for entering*** Arghhh do you dread the pain and cost of those pricey salon treatments to get rid of that unwanted hair? Well now you don’t need to! Thanks to the Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL hair removal system you can have pain free hair removal from the comfort of your own home.
The Philips Lumea IPL hair removal system works wonders to prevent the reappearance of hair on the face as well as the body. Gentle pulses of light, applied regularly, keep skin smooth so you feel silky-smooth every day! = A win/win situation.
IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) is a light based hair removal technology derived from professional beauty salons. It is a treatment in which gentle pulses of light are applied to the hair root.
The light is absorbed by the melanin (pigment) in the hair, and converted to light energy. This light energy then travels down to the hair root, stimulating the hair follicle to go into its resting phase. As a result, the hair falls out naturally and regrowth is prevented, leaving you with long lasting silky-smooth skin. Neither professional nor at home light-based hair removal treatments can deliver permanent hair removal, but can permanently reduce hair. Ongoing treatment is required to ensure you remain hair-free every day.
Philips has worked with leading dermatologists and performed clinical tests with over 2,000 women to adapt IPL technology for safe and effective home use. Philips Lumea devices have been available since 2010, with thousands of women now enjoying the benefits of easy, at-home IPL treatment.
The Philips Lumea range is safe to use even on sensitive skin and contains both corded and cordless models to choose depending on your needs.
There are no replacement parts or messy gels to buy with Lumea so there will be no hidden costs in the future. All Lumea devices can be used on body hair, including underarms, bikini line and legs. Lumea Precision Plus also has a special facial attachment with an extra UV filter that protects the more sensitive facial skin so this is the best option if you want to treat any facial hair.
Click here for the IPL Q&A.
So we hope we have given you enough information on IPL to help you get your body silky and smooth ready for summer ♥
#WIN – To be in with a chance of winning a Philips SC2003/11 Lumea Precision Plus, simply answer the following question:
“At what angle should you place the Lumea device on your skin?” – comment below with your answers and our team will pick a winner.
Love the Very Beauty Team x
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entry into the draw will be deemed as acceptance of these rules and any separate instructions for entry will form part of the rules.
2. This prize draw is open to any UK resident, aged 18 or over, who is invited to participate by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited and who leaves a comment answering the question.
3. Employees of Shop Direct Group companies and anyone else involved in the operation of the draw are excluded from entering. Closing date is midnight 9th April 2014.
4. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, delayed or spammed.
5. Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited reserves the right to offer an alternative prize in the event of the original prize being unavailable. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
6. The draw will be made by random selection from all valid entries before midnight on 30.04.14. Prize: 1x Philips SC2003/11 Lumea Precision Plus. There is no cash alternative and prizes are stock dependant. If we do not receive a response within 7 days we will choose another winner.
7. If you have a Shop Direct Group home shopping account that is in arrears at the time of the draw, you will not be eligible to win.
8. By entering the draw, entrants agree that their details may be disclosed to anyone requesting a list of prize winners. The winner may be required to take part in any publicity relating to this promotion.
9. The competition can be withdrawn at any time and Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited does not accept liability for any cancelled events.
10. Promoter: Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB. Registered No 466328
11. The promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which it suspects might not be legitimate e.g. multiple entries, entries linked to the creation of multiple or false email accounts, entries originating out of inappropriate solicitations. Maximum of 1 prize per household.