It’s time to step up the style notch and inject your pad with an Urban Cool feel!
Living in the big city can often mean compromising on space for a great location – so we decided to pull together this contemporary Urban Cool look to help you create a light, airy, spacious feel to your pad. We’ve combined colour pop pieces and clever storage to this style to keep your pad neat and tidy while giving the illusion of more space.
You can also use the retro storage lockers in place of a bedside table, perfect for keeping all your magazines in and adds a cosmopolitan vibe.
Retro chairs are minimalistic and modern, they don’t take up much space and add a great pop of colour to whichever room you choose to use them in, the chair above will be available to buy on Very on the 19th March…so keep your eyes peeled!
Our top 3 fave bedding sets are:
1. The Helena Springfield Rise and Shine Bedding Range which adds an instant playful look to any bedroom.
2. The SCION Groove duvet set which gives an instant colour boost
3. And the SCION – Navajo duvet set which creates an instant relaxed vibe
So if Urban Cool appeals to you and you want some handy hints on making this style work for you, carry on reading for our experts 5 top styling tips for this look.
Use mirrors to reflect light and make a room seem bigger than it is. Mirrors help brighten your space and this large, this rectangular mirror will give you additional light or take a look at quirky mirrored accessories like the You and Me mirror pictured above.
Choose multi-functional furniture that double up as either display pieces or storage, or even bulky furniture that fold or tuck in – we love this hideaway dinning set perfect for space saving and is available in brown/oak and cream/walnut for a lighter feel!
3. Primary colours create a cool, graphic look and add instant colour
4. Keep it modern and minimal but have fun with bold patterns and prints
5. De-clutter! Use just a few decorative items
Are you going to give Urban Cool a try? If so Tweet us a pic @VeryNetwork so we can have a peek at what you have done.