Our Fave Bloggers Celebrate 30 Years of Nike Air Max!
It’s the start of spring, but for sneakerheads, one date holds prominence over all others. The 26th March is Nike Air Max Day.
2017 is extra special as it celebrates 30 years since Nike introduced this ground-breaking concept to the masses.
Originally intended for athletes, Air Cushioning Technology revolutionised the running circuit and casual scene alike. This success brought about visible Air unit with the Air Max 1 in 1987, something that resonates in all models since, from the classic ‘90 right up to the future-facing 2017.
Passing on a street style from one generation to the next, the Air Max holds a look for the entire family and has been spotted on some of the most famous celebrities around the world.
But how do you work sportswear in your capsule wardrobe? We’ve called upon some of our favourite bloggers to share their expert styling tips!
Shop the look: Skinny jeans, Bomber jacket, stripe jumper and Nike Air Max Thea trainers.
Shop all womens clothing here.
- How would you describe your blog? It’s my little corner of the internet where I talk about everything from personal style, to my beauty favourites, events and the general goings on in my life.
- What were your reasons for choosing this outfit? I’m all about comfort when it comes to day-to-day style, and the sporty vibe goes perfectly with the Nike Air Max Theas. I love the colour, length and the satin fabric of the bomber jacket. And stripes are my thing (I have way too many striped tees!), plus the ripped jeans are an absolute staple in my wardrobe.
- How would it fit into your daily life? This is a look I would wear for a laid back weekend, whether it be heading to the cinema, off out for a pub lunch with family or hitting the shops with friends.
- If you had to describe your style in 3 words what would it be? Classic Yet experimental – I know what cuts and shapes suit my body but I love to push the boundaries too.
- What do you like about Nike Air Max? I’m a massive trainer fan, and Nike is my go-to brand when it comes to style and comfort. I wear my Theas regularly as they add effortless style to any look. They take me from the shops, to an event and home again, and their classic style never dates. They’re a staple shoe that will always be part of my collection.
Shop the look: Cold shoulder jumper, Girls cat knee jeans, Floral coat, and Nike Air Max Mesh 90 Junior trainers.
Shop all kidswear here.
- How would you describe your blog? My blog covers all aspects of my life as a parent and what comes along with raising three children. As a single mum I strive to change the preconceived ideas that can come along with that label, hearing I have helped or encouraged someone really makes it all worthwhile.
- What does a typical day involve for you? My day starts with coffee always! If I have the girls at home with me we are always out and about; park, beach or off on a woodland walk we rarely spend a whole day at home.
- How does the kids’ outfit you’ve picked fit in with your daily life? The outfit I’ve picked out is about comfort and practicality for the kids, if they’re out climbing or running about but I still want them to look cute. I love pastel shades especially as we head into spring. Pairing up the Nike Air Max Mesh 90s with jeans, a jumper and a thin jacket is so ideal for this time of year when the weather can change within minutes.
- Which celeb kid do you think has the coolest style? Harper Beckham, with a mum like Victoria how could she not look super cute at all times!
Mr Luke Christian
Shop the look: White shirt, mens skinny jeans and Nike Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Essential trainers.
Shop all mens clothing here.
- How would you describe your blog? I would describe my blog as clean, minimalistic and I also enjoy experimenting to keep things fresh and new.
- What were your reasons for choosing this outfit? I wanted to keep it smart yet casual, and with the Spring/Summer upon us, I felt that the shorter sleeve shirt would be great for this time of year.
- How would it fit into your daily life? My go to outfit is usually always a shirt teamed with some skinny black jeans, so it would fit in quite well.
- If you had to describe your style in 3 words what would it be? Black, tailored, clean.
- What do you like about Nike Air Max? I like that the trainer is so versatile and can be worn for any occasion, whether it’s teaming it with a plain t shirt for a sporty look or with a shirt and smart trousers for a smarter look.
Need any more proof that you need a pair of Nike Air Max in your wear-with-anything wardrobe? Thought not. Have a browse through our picks of the latest and greatest to discover your new forever favourites!
24th March 2017
Written by Alex Blythin