Add a little Elegance to your Date Night this Valentine’s Day!
If you’re stuck for hair idea’s for your all important Valentine’s date or night out with the girls then we’re here to help! We’ve picked out a couple of our favourite red carpet hair trends and will show you just how easy it is to recreate the looks quickly and easily from the comfort of your own home, so whether you want some Romantic Waves or a Sleek Ponytail we can help you achieve the look! Read on…
Romantic Waves – Straight from the red carpet.
We love Taylor Swift’s loosely pinned back waves. Very versatile, this look will suit both day and evening looks.
How To Create:
- Wash and towel dry your hair.
- Spritz an even layer of heat protection spray and comb through.
- Using a conditioning hair dryer, such as the TRESemmé Power 2200W, rough dry the hair. Finish by directing the airflow downwards to smooth down the hair (the Tourmaline-Ceramic and Ionic technology gives your hair a lovely smooth finish with beautiful shine).
- Take a handful of sectioning clips and divide the hair in to 6-10 even sections (Make sure the sections aren’t too small – as you want to create larger, looser curls).
- Using a curling wand such as the TRESemmé Volume Wand, take the first section of hair and wrap around the barrel, wrapping away from the face. Hold for several seconds and release. Let the curl fall freely, but avoid touching it to let it cool and set.
- Taking the next section of hair, wrap this around the barrel but this time wrap in the direction towards the face. Hold for several seconds and release; allowing the curl to cool.
- Work your way around the head.
- Once all the curls are set, gently run your fingers through the hair to loosen the curls and blend them together. Finishing by spritzing some hairspray to secure the curls.
- Lastly, you need to pin back some of the curls. Tip your head back and pull all the curls behind your shoulders.
- Starting just above both ears, use your fingers to gently separate the hair – drawing a line around your head with your fingers meeting at the back.
- With the hair now separated, gently gather the top section of hair and secure at the back with a small clip or a couple of grips.
- Pull the remaining lower layer of curls back over your shoulders and there you have it – romantic, loose, pinned back waves as seen on gorgeous Taylor Swift.
The Ponytail – The ultimate statement up-do
Simple, sleek ponytails are right on trend this season and we are majorly crushing on Katy Perry and how great she looks in this ever-so-easy to create up-do.
How To Create:
- Wash and rough dry your hair, making sure you apply heat protection spray.
- Section your hair horizontally and secure on top, leaving a small section of hair loose.
- Using a pro straightener such as the BaByliss Pro 235 Elegance, run the plates down along the hair, straightening the hair and smoothing down any fly-aways. (The Advanced Ceramics™ in this straightener are perfect for this).
- Release another layer of hair and repeat, working your way through all of the hair.
- Once complete, you should be sporting a full head of silky, shiny, smooth hair.
- Next you need to pull the hair back in to a high pony tail. The quickest way to do this on your own is to tip your head upside down; teasing all the hair back in to a pony tail (let gravity do all the work for you!). You can use a bristle brush to brush out any kinks and bumps along the hairline – then secure with a sturdy hair elastic.
- To give the pony tail a more refined look, take a small section of hair and wrap it around the base of the ponytail, securing with a grip.
- With your straighteners still to hand, take random sections of hair and create small flicks and waves throughout; giving your ponytail a polished, glamorous, dressed up look.
If you fancy winning yourself the BaByliss Elegance Straightener then check back on our Facebook page on the 12th Feb to find out how!
We hope we’ve inspired you with a glam look for whatever Valentine’s Weekend may bring to you!
If you have any questions about the styles above please leave a comment below and we will get back to you 🙂
Lots of Love, the Very Beauty Team x
8th February 2014
Written by Very_Beauty_Team