***Competition now closed – Thank you for entering*** The Very.co.uk team have put Sony’s latest range of cameras to the test so you don’t have to; and boy have we had some fun doing it! We have done everything with these cameras, from being away in Bali to celebrating with friends; these cameras have seen it all!
Whether you’re looking for a camera to capture your holiday snaps, or looking for something a little more technical, we’ve reviewed them for you.
First up was the H400, reviewed in Bali by Esmee Freeman! She said;
‘I loved this camera! It looked and felt like a DSLR, but was so much easier to use and with a lot less faff! The image quality is great, thanks to the extensive zoom. It is quite a big camera but I felt like a true professional using it, I would definitely recommend it.’
Next was the Sony A5000, reviewed by Paddy Donnelly. Paddy loves photography and took this on holiday with him to Portugal. His review was:
‘This camera is compact and feels well built, definitely sturdy enough to take the whacks us photographers are prone to accidentally inflicting on our equipment. There are very few buttons on the camera itself, something which has ultimately been sacrificed to allow the cameras size while maintaining for the large vary-angle lcd display on the back. The flip up screen on the camera was a great touch! Overall I would recommend the camera and think it is worth the money.’
Rebecca Woodward tested the W830, when being a bridesmaid at her best friend’s wedding! Her thoughts were
‘I would recommend this camera as it is easy to use, and is perfect to fit in your handbag! It is great for a night out and the photo quality is ideal for this everyday use. It is a great all-rounder and the colour made it stand out and looked great when taking a selfie!’
Finally was the HX60, tested by Sophie Thistlewood when out with friends. She reviewed it saying ‘This is a great camera that gives so many more benefits and features than my mobile. It was really easy to use, fast and full of features. Once I’d taken all my photos I simply transferred them over WiFi to my tablet, a real bonus as I hate having to locate my cable and turn on my laptop! All in all a great choice and would highly recommend to friends and family who want to capture the action!’
The four cameras were very different and each had their individual features for the different cameras. Each camera had their own pros and cons but the one we loved the most was the H400! Esmee felt, and looked, like a true professional using it and the picture quality was amazing. It is great for a variety of occasions and is a good camera for everyday use. Second place went to the HX60, for all the extra features, we loved how you could instantly share photos! The a5000 came next, being ideal for the professional photographer, offering a more technical spec! Then was the W830, the perfect all-rounder for nights out and a good selfie!
So, if you fancy winning one of our top two cameras – the H400 or HX60…then all you have to do is comment below & tell us where you are going this summer to capture the action and why you want the camera you do? Happy snapping!
The Very team x
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Entry into the draw will be deemed as acceptance of these rules and any separate instructions for entry will form part of the rules.
2. This prize draw is open to any UK resident, aged 18 or over, who is invited to participate by Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited and who leaves a comment answering the question.
3. Employees of Shop Direct Group companies and anyone else involved in the operation of the draw are excluded from entering. Closing date is midnight 17th June 2014.
4. Responsibility cannot be accepted for entries lost, damaged, delayed or spammed.
5. Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited reserves the right to offer an alternative prize in the event of the original prize being unavailable. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
6. The draw will be made by random selection from all valid entries before midnight on 30.06.14. Prize either the Sony H400 or HX60 – chosen at random. There is no cash alternative and prizes are stock dependant. If we do not receive a response within 7 days we will choose another winner. If you have a Shop Direct Group home shopping account that is in arrears at the time of the draw, you will not be eligible to win.
8. By entering the draw, entrants agree that their details may be disclosed to anyone requesting a list of prize winners. The winner may be required to take part in any publicity relating to this promotion.
9. The competition can be withdrawn at any time and Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited does not accept liability for any cancelled events.
10. Promoter: Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, First Floor, Skyways House, Speke Road, Speke, Liverpool, L70 1AB. Registered No 466328
11. The promoter reserves the right to exclude any entries which it suspects might not be legitimate e.g. multiple entries, entries linked to the creation of multiple or false email accounts, entries originating out of inappropriate solicitations. Maximum of 1 prize per household.